Thursday, July 24, 2014

Where's My Riches



I’m constantly perusing the web for interesting stories, news and updates of any kind. In doing so I stumbled across an article that I found to be quite intriguing on Worthly.com entitled, “12 People Who Oprah Made Rich”. The list included each person and their subsequent worth as of April 25, 2014, when the article was written. Perhaps I thought this was most interesting because I have always wondered what it would be like to meet her, work for her, or have a lavish gift bestowed upon me from her. Really, haven’t we all at some point in time thought that? Wishful thinking I suppose. Just like I wonder what it would be like to turn 30-years-old and have a net worth of $31.5 billion. Yep, $31.5 billion is what Facebook creator and Instagram owner Mark Zuckerberg is worth. Is it possible for the thought of something to be amusing and torturesome at the same time? Daydreaming while sitting at my desk in Corporate America-living what is supposed to be the American dream, about all the things I would do if I had a few a billion, a million or even a few thousand is indeed…torturesome. Who am I kidding; things could be a lot worse. So I’ll sip my Starbucks and check my Facebook timeline for the 20th time today, while watching the clock praying that 6pm arrives with a sense of expediency. 

If only money grew on trees!
Until then I'll keep praying for a great opportunity or to come up with a cool invention.



I do not claim ownership to the above images.

No comments:

Post a Comment